cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtagliaferri
Resolver I
Resolver I

Condition Greyed Out

I am rather new to PA and moving some old SharePoint 2010 workflows.

I have added a further condition to the flow specifically I added Email Notification, as this is a choice column with just the Yes option I have chosen Email Notification Value from the dynamic content list, as soon as I add this the step changes to an Apply to each and moving the Email Notification to the Select an output from previous step and replaces with some other filed from the dynamic content which I have not chosen.

The flow runs as succeeded but I don't get the results I want and for some reason by checking the flow the condition is greyed out and I cannot understand what is going on.

Capture11.JPGCapture12.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @mtagliaferri ,

the greyed out condition means that the flow didn't use that action. The reason is probably that the array entering the 'Apply to each' action is empty; there's no item to process in the condition.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @mtagliaferri ,

the greyed out condition means that the flow didn't use that action. The reason is probably that the array entering the 'Apply to each' action is empty; there's no item to process in the condition.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
unicus949

@tom_riha Hi Tom, if action is empty, and my array is empty, I still want the flow to continue to another condition check, if empty, do this...is this possible?

Mgreenwald
Frequent Visitor

I had a similar issue and found the solution here:

https://tomriha.com/why-has-the-power-automate-condition-grey-colour-in-the-run-history/

My flow was looking for an item ID that was changing on me. Look at the input your flow is receiving in the previous steps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,887)