Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DarenD
Level: Powered On

Condition Issue with Simple Text

Team,

I've got a simple FLOW that's simply supposed to check to see if the text in a list field contains "High-Five" in it upon creation.  If yes, then send one e-mail, if not then send another. However, I keep getting the "no" option no matter what's in the text field.   I've check everywhere and I think my syntax is correct but apparently not. Could use some help working it out.  Here's the code and the screen shot:

@contains(triggerBody()?['E_x002d_Card_x0020_Type'], 'High-Five')

EAR-Notice-FLOW-Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Condition Issue with Simple Text

Hi @DarenD,

Could you please share more details about the field that you mentioned which contains value "High-Five"?What is the name of the field and what is the type of the field.

I have made a test on my side to create a "E_Card Type" column with a single line of text type in my list.

You could add a Compose action under the trigger to get the value of the field when an item is created, and the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Then please pay attention to the value of Compose action when the flow runs.If the value of the field contain "High-Five", the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Please check the value in the Compose field to see if the value contain "High-Five", if no, please share the screenshot of the full run history and more details about the field in the list so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DarenD,

Could you please share more details about the field that you mentioned which contains value "High-Five"?What is the name of the field and what is the type of the field.

I have made a test on my side to create a "E_Card Type" column with a single line of text type in my list.

You could add a Compose action under the trigger to get the value of the field when an item is created, and the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Then please pay attention to the value of Compose action when the flow runs.If the value of the field contain "High-Five", the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Please check the value in the Compose field to see if the value contain "High-Five", if no, please share the screenshot of the full run history and more details about the field in the list so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

DarenD

Alice,  Thank you very much for the great reply!!  The E-Card Type field is a simple SharePoint dropdown text field.  I did add the compose, still didn't run. How did you get the "output" to show so I can error check?

EAR Compose.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DarenD,

If the E-Card Type field is a SharePoint dropdown text field, please choose the "E-Card Type Value" dynamic content in the Compose.

Best regards,

Alice

DarenD

That worked like a champ! Thank you very, very much!  

If you know how to determine if a date field is blank or not...that would be wonderful! 

Thanks

D

DarenD

Alice,

Here's the URL to my post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Follow-Up-Date-Error-w-Blank-Date-Field/m-p/17216...

If you have some time I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

D

mgallagh
Level: Power Up

Hey,

I was hoping you could take a look at a similar issue I am having w/ condition based logic to drive 2 different emails. My logic is based on the value of a from the drop-down field. Here's the error I am seeing:

vnext-flow-error.png

And here is a screenshot of the flow set-up:

vnext-flow-screenshot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 57 members 4,315 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: