Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan-101
Helper V
Helper V

'Condition' at line '1' and column '15188'

Hello,

I have a flow that I am trying to capture data from a column date. I have the flow already set up for another date column that works fine. I have tried to duplicate the flow and change the relevant column to capture the data and receive the following error.

'Condition' at line '1' and column '15188': 'The template language function 'lessOrEquals' expects two parameter of matching types.

I am using Condition - colum date + is less or equal to + addDays(utcNow(), 30, 'yyyy-MM-dd')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its okay, ive located that the Appraisal page was not correct - Thank you! all working yipeeee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Jonathan-101 

I suggest that you add a compose data operation and pass the column to it and then run the flow and observe the value may be you can get an idea of what is happening.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hello,

I am fairly new to Power Automate - how do I do this?

I receive the following:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '15179': 'The template language function 'lessOrEquals' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'Null' and 'String' that do not match.'

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Jonathan-101 

Click on Add Action and Type Compose and then pass the column value to the Compose, Rerun your flow and open the flow run from History.

Please as well paste a screen shot of your flow

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Please see attached

2021-03-01 (3).png2021-03-01 (5).png

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

It is telling you that you are trying to compare "null" to a string. I guess the null is on the left side of your condition "Appraisa..." and the right side is your date. You have a record that has nothing in the "Appraisa..." column and that is causing the condition to crash. You need to either:

1. Use a condition to check if the record is null and skip the checking completely.
  2. Use an expression on the left side of the condition to output a date string if the column value is null so that the condition will still operate.

Does that make sense?

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Jonathan-101

IInside ur Apply_to_each and before ur condition please add the compose data operation, most probable this column will be empty 

Hello,

thank you - yes I understand but how do I add the condition in your point 2 above? there are items in the column that are blank

2021-03-01 (6).png

I have tried to add a ne null within the get properties - but a fault occurs

2021-03-01 (8)_LI.jpg

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Try: 

Apraisaldate ne ''

Its okay, ive located that the Appraisal page was not correct - Thank you! all working yipeeee

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,402)