Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KevinDocuSign
Level: Power Up

Condition based on data not found

Hi there,

I'm creating a flow where by a string is received via a webhook.

The flow should take that string and look up a table (an Excel sheet). 

If a row that has that string is found, great, it should then send an email. 

If a row that has that string is not found, then I want to create a row, and then send an email. 

I've built a flow that's technically working to do this, however, Microsoft Flow shows up as an ERROR every time the 'not found' path runs. Is this okay that it's having an 'error' every time? Is there a better way to achieve what I want to do? 

Here's my flow below (in the second screenshot you see how I'm getting the path to work when it 'errors'):

Condition.PNG

failed.PNG

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Kevin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Condition based on data not found

Hi @KevinDocuSign ,

In general, your approach is correct, and the logic set by the condition fully uses the features of Configure run after.

Get a row action is different from other actions that get the source. If it does not find the expected row, it will display not found and determine that the action failed, instead of returning an empty set.

So we often use a method similar to yours, add a parallel branch, set Configure run after, and continue to execute the following action when Get a row action fails.

As for Flow or Get a row action, it is normal to display error or run failed. You only need to check whether the action in the branch is executed according to the expected logic.

Image reference:

56.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Condition based on data not found

Hi @KevinDocuSign ,

In general, your approach is correct, and the logic set by the condition fully uses the features of Configure run after.

Get a row action is different from other actions that get the source. If it does not find the expected row, it will display not found and determine that the action failed, instead of returning an empty set.

So we often use a method similar to yours, add a parallel branch, set Configure run after, and continue to execute the following action when Get a row action fails.

As for Flow or Get a row action, it is normal to display error or run failed. You only need to check whether the action in the branch is executed according to the expected logic.

Image reference:

56.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,148)