cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanWa
Frequent Visitor

Condition comparing two variables hangs when outcome is true

Hi all,

I have a Flow that manages the upload of documents into a SP library, and up until a week ago, it was working fine. It's now developed an issue whereby a condition that compares two variables will hang - and eventually time out - if the condition is true. If the condition is false, the flow continues correctly.

I have tried exporting and re-importing the flow, and have also recreated a new version from scratch, but I'm unable to either fix the problem or understand why it has suddenly starting failing. Can anyone help?

The basic flow is:

Overall flow.jpg

and the condition is:

Condition.jpg

All advice welcome!

Thanks,

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

So your Condition evaluation still works fine, and it gets stuck inside the True (yes) branch, right?

If so, can you share a screenshot from your current flow 'True branch' design? Please also expand all True branch action blocks (just doubleclick on its names) so we can see their inputs

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

please @IanWa  try to see if you don't have some blank space I recoomend you to use the expression trim('HERE YOUR VARIABLE') and test 😉

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @IanWa 

It shouldn't hang in conditions for comparing two values. Just to debug further try hardcode two values (expected when it hangs) under the variables and see that works or not. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

So your Condition evaluation still works fine, and it gets stuck inside the True (yes) branch, right?

If so, can you share a screenshot from your current flow 'True branch' design? Please also expand all True branch action blocks (just doubleclick on its names) so we can see their inputs

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

IanWall
Frequent Visitor

Thanks everyone for your input, all of which helped me to think this through.

What I'd not realised is that - unlike many other types of flow step - 'condition' will only show as complete in run history when a dependant action is successful, NOT just when the condition has evaluated. I'd assumed that because run history stopped at the condition, the fault was with the condition, when it was actually much further down. 

Definitely a learning curve...

@IanWall @IanWa 

Issue solved finally?

If so, CONGRATS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,057)