cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juhami

Condition does not work

Hello dear community

I am very new to Power Automate and desperately Need your help. I created a flow, that sends an e-mail after a new answer in forms was submitted. Now I would like to check a specific answer in forms and depending on the chosen option in forms I want to send the e-mail to different adresses. unfortunately the flow does not get the answers. how do i build such a flow? i didn't find anything in the templates.

Thank you so much in advance!

A desperate user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I assume you want to evaluate the known choices from an options list (although text inputs would word also).

Many smart folks here could probably offer better methods but here's how I did it using an Inception type, Conditional flow within a Conditional flow within a Conditional flow, approach.

The example shows 3 ways to add mail recipients. Hard-coded, Responder's email address, and email text input int the form.

Not certain if this is what you're looking for.

PA_UG_conditionalemails2.png

PA_UG_conditionalemails4.pngPA_UG_conditionalemails3.pngPA_UG_conditionalemails1.png

Hope this helps

Aman T.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you or answers your question please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar issues. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I assume you want to evaluate the known choices from an options list (although text inputs would word also).

Many smart folks here could probably offer better methods but here's how I did it using an Inception type, Conditional flow within a Conditional flow within a Conditional flow, approach.

The example shows 3 ways to add mail recipients. Hard-coded, Responder's email address, and email text input int the form.

Not certain if this is what you're looking for.

PA_UG_conditionalemails2.png

PA_UG_conditionalemails4.pngPA_UG_conditionalemails3.pngPA_UG_conditionalemails1.png

Hope this helps

Aman T.

If my post helps you or answers your question please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar issues. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hello Aman

I have seen that you are using a variable? What exactly did you put in there? And for the answer details, did you chose answer-ID as well? 

Thank you 🙂

Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @juhami 

I'll post a pic to make it more clearer.

Hi @juhami 

The variable was only for testing. It's not doing anything so you don;t really need it. See Response ID details below.

Amanthaper_0-1602218635260.png

Cheers,

Aman

If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello Aman

Thank you for precising 🙂 in this case i have done it exactly the same way already at the beginning. for some reason it doesn't work for my flow. Thank you very much anyways!

Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can you please post a pics of your flow both in edit mode and another with the input/output details after a failed run.

Hello Aman

It always writes "false" into the box of the condition. So obviously the flow doesn't recognise the answer given in forms. I will see how I can correct this. It is my particular case that doesn't work, but your solution was the right one, thank you.

Hi @juhami ,

It seems that your issue is solved with the help from@Amanthaper ,please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking "Accept as solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,854)