cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sutekh666
Helper II
Helper II

Condition in Flow not firing consistently, and I don't know why

I have a Flow and what I need it to do is if an item is added to a list called 'Issued by Advisors' and a number is entered in a field called 'Qty Given' it updates a field called 'Issued by Advisor' in a list called Issued Stock. I'm trying to get the Flow to match the items up in the tow lists by using a Condition to match three common fields in the two lists: Unique ID, Product Name and Product ID.  I've got the Flow firing when an item is created or modified on the Issued by Advisors list, then a Get items action to get the fields from the Issued Stock list. I found that for the Unique ID field I had to use a Compose action with the following expression to convert it into an integrin for the  Condition to pick it up:

int(triggerOutputs()?['body/UniqueID0'])

The problem I have is that it doesn't always work. This morning I tested it and it worked 3 out of 5 times. I can't see why it's not working all the time. The console is showing success for every flow so I don't have anything to go on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Condition.jpg

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Sutekh666 ,

try to add 'Compose' actions before the 'Condition' and store each of the conditions into the action, 1 'Compose' action and put there 'Outputs' from the left side and 'Outputs' from the right side. Then repeat the same also for 'Product N..' and 'ProductID' (=3 compose actions in total). That will show you in the run history what values enter the condition and maybe you'll see why it's evaluated as 'false' in some cases.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (66,960)