cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nino2469
Frequent Visitor

Condition not working

Hello,

I have built an approval flow for when a new Idea is submitted. When submitted the idea creates a notification in a Teams channel and also sends an approval email to me. The thought is that an internal group first vets the idea and if we want to proceed with additional analysis I would approve to go to the next stage. The issue is that when I click approve in the email the flow is stopping.

Annotation 2020-06-02 090627.png

I have changed the outcome from contains, starts with, and equal to and none of them are working. I checked the status of the flow in the Automate app on my phone and it shows that the condition is stating "Not specified".

Any ideas on what I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nino2469 ,

Approval action cannot fill Teams email address, but Send email action or send an email with options action can fill Teams email address.

When filling the Teams email address in these actions, you need to click the Tab key after entering the email address.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @nino2469  is because you have compare Approved, and is just Approve 😉

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

hmm I tried that but still not working

Annotation 2020-06-02 133906.png

Hi @nino2469 ,

Please refer to the following configuration:

111.PNG

You can check the specific value of the Outcome output in the Approval Body.

112.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi its still not working. Here is a screen capture from the automate app.

IMG_1955.PNG

@nino2469  do you approve the next approve action? you are not going to be able to see the process unless you finish all approves actions.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Yes I get the email and I click approve and the screenshot you see that states not specified is what I am getting. The next trigger should send an email to me to select Analysis or No Analysis Needed

Hi @nino2469 ,

If there is Approval action in the If yes branch, then the judgment result in your first condition is true. The configuration of this part is no problem.

You need to wait until the approval in the if yes branch is complete before you can view the entire Flow run history.

Obviously, the Innovation Councill Approval shown in the screenshot is in the pending status. Explain that the method we provided before is valid.

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Update. I figured it out but I am not sure why it's working this way.

I looked at the next step in the process which is supposed to send an email to our council for analysis or no analysis. The email is going to the MS Teams email address. I changed this to go to mine and it worked. Can it not go to a Teams email?

Hi @nino2469 ,

Approval action cannot fill Teams email address, but Send email action or send an email with options action can fill Teams email address.

When filling the Teams email address in these actions, you need to click the Tab key after entering the email address.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (40,964)