cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Condition not working

Hi, I have built a simple Flow that sends an e-mail to the person assigned to the task, when a new task is created in a Sharepoint task list. That works perfectly.

However, when there is no person assigned, I get an error. I have tried different ways, but nothing works. I do not understand why: logic tells me that that when the condition is not met, the Flow should go to "If no". But instead I get an error.

"Assigned to" is an optional field.

Right now, I've tested this:

Namnlöss.png

This works fine when there is a person assigned, but renders this error message when "Assigned to" is empty.

Namnlös.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Condition not working

No you don't need the edit in advanced mode. In your condition select the AssignedTo field in the left box and is equal to in the middle box. Then in the right box click on Expression (next to Dynamic content) and type null. That will bring up an item for you to select. Then click OK.

null.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I would change your condition to trap a null value which is not the same as a no value. So if Assignedto is equal to [expression] null then etc etc.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks! I'll try that! But actually, I have no idea how to write a null value ... I'd be happy for detailed steps.

Also, I noticed that the "Edit in advanced mode" link is missing from the conditions block. Maybe I need that for the null expression?

Namdxfnlös.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

No you don't need the edit in advanced mode. In your condition select the AssignedTo field in the left box and is equal to in the middle box. Then in the right box click on Expression (next to Dynamic content) and type null. That will bring up an item for you to select. Then click OK.

null.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Oh, thanks (blushing). I never noticed the tab "Expression" before.

Everything works just perfectly now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,456)