cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pshutler
Level: Powered On

Condition returns false output but item still updates?

Hello,

I'll start off by saying I'm fairly new to creating flows and would consider myself at noob status. I'm hoping the solution to this issue is very simple and something I'm overlooking.

I am trying to set up a flow that updates a particular item in a list once a task is complete in Planner. Essentially once the final task for a project is marked complete in Planner, I want the item in the list to be updated with the completion date of the task reflecting that the project item is completed. 

The flow is triggered by the completion of a task and then determines if the title of the task has the text "IS DUE" (Indicating the final task of the project). Within the list, I have a column titled NAME_FOR_COMPLETION which matches the Title of the task. If the first condition is true it then gets items from my SharePoint list and determines if the Name of the task is equal to the NAME_FOR_COMPLETION of the item using dynamic values. Please see picture below of flow and details regarding the item and task in planner. 

The Flow:

Full Flow.JPG 

Task:                                                                                 List:            

Task.JPG                     List.JPG

My flow is returning a "successful" result during a test run but in the second condition, the result is a FALSE output and therefore should NOT update the item in the list. See the picture below of the test. 

Flow Condition.JPG

However, when opening up the list you can clearly see that the item has been updated with the Completion Date. Photo below shows the list item updated from the test with the completion date from the task. 

Completion Date.JPG

How is the item being updated when the condition returned a FALSE output? Shouldn't the update item never occur due to the FALSE output?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Condition returns false output but item still updates?

@Pshutler

The second screen shot that you posted seems to indicate that 4 items were returned from Get Items - see the 1 of 4 inside of the Apply to each loop.  Click on the arrows in that area to scroll trhough each item returened - you may see one evaluate to true. 

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Pshutler

The second screen shot that you posted seems to indicate that 4 items were returned from Get Items - see the 1 of 4 inside of the Apply to each loop.  Click on the arrows in that area to scroll trhough each item returened - you may see one evaluate to true. 

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Pshutler
Level: Powered On

Scott,

You are correct, after clicking next through the "apply to each" outcomes the fourth item of the condition the output was 'true'. Thanks so much for clarifying the issue. 

-Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,792)