cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyWork
Level 8

Condition should not run if column contains same as before

I have a column in a SharePoint list that i named Assigned To.

This column will contain a name. 

My flow now checks if it contains something then send email to the one in Assiged To column.

My issue is everytime the item is update the flow runs and the Assigne To gets multiple emails everytime someone updates the item.

I want to only send it once or if the Assigne To changes data, if it contains same as before do not send email.

So if i add myself to Assigned To (jimmywork) i get an email.

If a user updates the item i get another email and so on. I only want to recive 1 email when im assigned to the item. If i switch out myself to another guy the new guy will only recive 1 email saying he have been assigne to. I want to stop getting emails each time item is updated if the column contains the same Assigned To as before. Or work around this.

2019-04-11 09_43_03-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyWork
Level 8

Re: Condition should not run if column contains same as before

Thank you for answering, if i create it the way you say i need to add update item in the flow correct?

So when AssigneTo gets data it will also update that data into AssigneTo Previouse.

The issue with this is that the flow will then be the modifier of the item, if i run a Update item using flow then the flow account will be set as modified by. And this is not an option because i need to use the modified by field for other flows.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Willemijn
Level 8

Maybe you could create another column: AssignedTo Previous and check if those two columns are the same? 

So; new ticket 

assigned to: jimmywork

AssignedToPrevious: empty

if these two are equal do nothing - otherwise send e-mail and fill AssignedTo Previous with jimmywork. 

Next time the ticket will be changed, but the assigned to its: 

assigned to: jimmywork

AssignedToPrevious: jimmywork

these are the same; so nothing will happen. 

JimmyWork
Level 8

Thank you for answering, if i create it the way you say i need to add update item in the flow correct?

So when AssigneTo gets data it will also update that data into AssigneTo Previouse.

The issue with this is that the flow will then be the modifier of the item, if i run a Update item using flow then the flow account will be set as modified by. And this is not an option because i need to use the modified by field for other flows.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,094)