cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

[Conditional Approval Flow] Forms output > Match value to a list and return a person > Assign approval to that person

Hi All

I've read similar topics covering conditional approvals, but not found one close enough to what I'm looking to do.

I'm still missing something which will match the value given in the form to a defined person who will approve it.

This is the what I want to achieve:

Someone fills in a request form (MS Forms). This form contains a cost code field.

Each cost code has a defined owner. So if the form is filled in with code code 5000, the approval should go to the owner for 5000.

It seems that others have done something similar with a Sharepoint list, which contains a column for cost code, and then one for the owner. This list would be static and doesn't need to be updated by the Flow, just used as a lookup. The flow would then match the cost code in the form to one in the list, and then return to associated owner.

The approval step can then reference the associated owner and assign the approval to them.

In summary, Form > Get Form Responses > Look at sharepoint list and return owner > Assign approval to owner

It's the sharepoint integration that I'm currently stuck on.

Any help would be much appreciated, feel like I'm missing something obvious!

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Instead of using a SharePoint list you could put the static list of cost centers and approver emails in an Excel file and store it in OneDrive.  Then read it into a collection or array.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks I’ll look into that. Excel would actually be easier to amend for us as well.

Could you point me to any tutorials for pulling excel data in and then matching a value within it?

Many thanks
Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,082)