Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dm_elementwa
Level: Powered On

Conditional Notification - Flow says successful, but not showing results

This is a two part question.

PART ONE

I'm trying to set up a conditional flow from a form submission.

The idea is, a staff member will fill out a form requesting assistance from our "Shared Services".

Shared Services consist of about 12 staff skilled in various platforms such as InDesign, AutoCAD, Tender Preparation, etc.

Dependent on what option the user selects in the form, depends on who the notification is sent too.

(I'd like the notifications to be two kinds - one send an alert in Teams, the other sends an email). Majority of the time, the notification will be sent to multiple people. 

I've used "Condition - Switch" to seperate out the choices, then under each choice have used "Teams Bot Notification" and "Send Email".

I've tested the flow and it says its successful however I'm not seeing any results... anywhere?

Form Fields:

Job No., Job Name, Service (InDesign, AutoCAD, Tender Preparation), Requestor (Name), First Draft Due (Date).

Scenario 1:

Service selected is InDesign - this needs to send to Person A, Person B and Person C

Scenario 2:

Service selected in AutoCAD - this needs to send to Person D and Person E

Scenario 3:

Service selected is Tender Preparation - this needs to send to Person A, Person F and Person G

--------------------------

PART TWO

At the same time, I also want the form results to appear in a specific Sharepoint list depending which department the task falls under.

Scenario 1:

Service selected is InDesign - form results need to be created in the Sharepoint list named "Graphics"

Scenario 2:

Service selected is AutoCAD - form results need to be created in the Sharepoint list named "Drafting"

Scenario 3:

Service selected is Tender Preparation - form results need to be created in Sharepoint list named "Administration"

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Conditional Notification - Flow says successful, but not showing results

Hi @dm_elementwa ,

Could you tell us more about the details of "I'm not seeing any results... anywhere"?

Do you mean that you have not received any notifications?

You need to view the Flow run history to check if the Send an email action and the Teams Bot Notification have been executed successfully.

And you need to check if the configured email address and channel are as expected.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dm_elementwa

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

So when I say "I don't see anything" I mean, after I've run the flow - there are no email notifcations in my inbox, no notifications from the bot in Teams and the job is not appearing in my SharePoint lists - even though after testing, it says it ran "successfully".

On closer investigation though, I have just notices these errors:

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.27.42 am.png

Thoughts as to why it wouldn't be satisfactory?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dm_elementwa ,

This is because the result of the above Swith judgment does not match the setting of this current case, so the action in this branch is not executed.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dm_elementwa

This is where I get confused because, as you can see by the screenshots below, I have entered the exact text/format for each switch...

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.19.19 am.pngFlowScreen Shot 2019-08-29 at 11.19.37 am.pngForm

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dm_elementwa ,

You can view the results of the Flow run history-Get response details action.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,123)