cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJJ04
Frequent Visitor

Conditional filtering between list and doc library

I am hoping someone could help me with this.  I have been wracking my brain trying to figure it out, looking at youtube videos reading articles and so far I just cannot fully execute what I am trying to do.. Maybe it isn’t even possible?

Contacts.JPG

docs.JPG

Anyways, I have a SharePoint List (Contacts) and I have a Document Library (Monthly Reports).  The “Contact List” is comprised of a list of site columns…  Each contact is associated with a company (therefore there could be as many as 10 contacts for every company).  However, only 1 contact per company will have a “Yes” listed in the “Letter Addressee” column of the Contacts List and a “Active” in the “Contact Status” column.  They are the main representative of the company and therefore all reports generated in the Document Library “Monthly Reports” needs to pull the primary contact’s name, formal title, along with other various columns associated with them, to the Monthly Report doc being created.  See my diagrams above of the list and document library.

So in a nutshell, I have three conditions that need to meet for a contact’s information from the Contact List to be associated with the document being created in the Monthly Reports Library:

1.        The company in the choice drop down of the document being created needs to match
  2.        The contact person needs to have an “Yes” in the “Letter Addressee” column and,
  3.        The contact person needs to have an “Active in the “Contact Status” column

I don’t want to do lookup columns for the document library from the contact list because I am going to use the meta data pulled from the contacts list to be quick parts in the Word doc being created.  Lookup columns are not compatible I believe.  This most certainly involves PowerAutomate but I just cannot get it right. 

ANY help is greatly appreciated as I have almost given up.

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through this it seems to me that you are very close and it seems like it should be possible. I can't seem to figure out what exactly the issue is here or what needs to be modified. This might be a better question for Microsoft Support. I'll include a link below if you would like to go down this route. Otherwise if any communities members have any ideas feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JJJ04
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!  I feel like this should be a fairly straightforward flow but with myself being so new to syntax and powerautomate in general I feel I must be doing something incorrectly.  

Currently, my flow starts out like this:

JJJ04_0-1618590599896.png

JJJ04_1-1618590635125.png

But I know that syntax does not look right and I am trying to avoid the "apply to each" as I have read that it causes unnecessary flows in the background.

The next step would be to update the document I would think??

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,437)