Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KIBANG
Helper II
Helper II

Conditional triggering of event creation

Hello,

I have set up a meeting request form. If onsite is chosen for location, another column comes up where users can select a meeting room. I am trying to trigger a calendar event for that meeting room so that it will automatically reserve that date and time. I have created a condition where if the location is onsite, and the meeting rooms value is one of the rooms chosen, it will trigger the event creation. I am testing with one meeting room now, but would eventually like to have it set for all meeting rooms.

I have set up the SharePoint list in my account, and I have full rights to the meeting room accounts. In the flow, I am selecting the calendar of the meeting room. Not sure if that matters, but I thought I should mention that. I keep getting an error:  ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Create_event_(V4)' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied. I am probably not entering in the criteria correctly, and need some help with that. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The Screenshots attached for reference. 

meeting room event creation1.pngmeeting room event creation.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ferran,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, they are choice fields, and yes, I have chosen the "location value" and "Meeting type value." The question I have is, do I need to enter an expression or something like that instead of just equal to, and my putting in board room, for example. I created a test request with location onsite, and chose board room, so I am not sure why it is not triggering. 

View solution in original post

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @KIBANG 

You could use a "switch" action, and depending on the room create an event in one calendar or another.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

6 REPLIES 6
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @KIBANG 

You're not getting an error. The flow is executed successfully, but the conditions are never accomplished.

Are the SharePoint columns of Choice type? If that's the case, remember to use "Location Value" and "Meeting type Value" fields in the condition action.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Ferran,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, they are choice fields, and yes, I have chosen the "location value" and "Meeting type value." The question I have is, do I need to enter an expression or something like that instead of just equal to, and my putting in board room, for example. I created a test request with location onsite, and chose board room, so I am not sure why it is not triggering. 

KIBANG
Helper II
Helper II

Wow, I feel um, silly. So I changed the text from board room to Board Room, as it is in the meeting rooms field (didn't realize it was case sensitive). I also tried something else. I created a compose action, chose meeting rooms value, then put in outputs > contains > Board Room. Screenshot attached in case anyone else comes across this. 

meeting room event creation2.png

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

So I suggest to always use "contains()" and probably "toLower()" or "toUpper()" functions.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Ferran, thank you for the info. I am a relative newbie to all this. In my case, how would you apply those functions in my situation? I was initially going to just create seven more of these to address the other meeting rooms since they all have different calendars, but I would certainly welcome any advice on a better way.

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @KIBANG 

You could use a "switch" action, and depending on the room create an event in one calendar or another.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (69,879)