Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditions End at 9?

Flow Condition 9.png

As you can see here I am making a somewhat lengthy Flow.  It's purpose is to create a file tree based on what customer name is in the subject of the email.  At Condition 9 it stops allowing me to add anything into the Yes or No sides. I am wondering if this is simply where it ends, and if so, if anyone knows of a way I can compress this so as to make it fit.  I currently only would need one more If condition after this But would accept just being able to finish this If statement at Condition 9!

New to Flow so TIA!

Corvenus

PS..   I notice that if I try to add a condition outside of the nested statements it gives me the options to create another tree.  In this circumstance I am wondering if it would simply continue from the end of the previous one?  If so that is functional and thus works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Conditions End at 9?

@LeeHarris ,

I have been playing with it and found something out.  Each Branch of the nested if Statements can in turn become their own Nested Tree.  By plugging another conditional statement beneath Condition 8 and leaving 8's No as a blank I was able to continue the Tree.  This also works for the other ones, but only for actions you want to happen that still meet the same No requirements for the previous if Statement.  I tested it and it works.  Knowing this now I may even be able to make the program a bit more minimal as well.  

Thanks for the help, it sparked this idea in the first place!!

Corvenus

PS.  The seperate tree also works, so long as you leave the final No statement Blank but i wanted to try and keep it self contained.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I think that Flow only allows up to 8 nested conditions which would explain why you cannot add anything further under condition 9.

Are you able to share the conditions you have in place currently? Depending on what you are checking, you may be able to make use of the Switch action instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @LeeHarris ,

Each Condition is currently set up as Variations of a customer name.  I am having to accommodate the fact that there are several Admin staff throughout the day and that they may type things differently. IE something like Diamond where someone may type Diamond, diamond, DIA, Dia, or dia.  So each If is set up with Or for each variant.  Each customer name then creates a One Drive and SharePoint file in the correct Customer folder. 

I was wondering, If i were simply to start a new Conditional statement as a new tree and leave the last No statement in the previous tree blank, would it be able to simply just continue running as a continuation of it?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LeeHarris ,

I have been playing with it and found something out.  Each Branch of the nested if Statements can in turn become their own Nested Tree.  By plugging another conditional statement beneath Condition 8 and leaving 8's No as a blank I was able to continue the Tree.  This also works for the other ones, but only for actions you want to happen that still meet the same No requirements for the previous if Statement.  I tested it and it works.  Knowing this now I may even be able to make the program a bit more minimal as well.  

Thanks for the help, it sparked this idea in the first place!!

Corvenus

PS.  The seperate tree also works, so long as you leave the final No statement Blank but i wanted to try and keep it self contained.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Sometimes just explaining an approach to someone else is enough to trigger that lightbulb moment. Glad you got it working.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,694)