cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emellar
Level: Powered On

Conditions duplicating tasks - Each run updates the old task, then creates a new task - Excel/Planner/Outlook

Good day.

I have an unusual problem where Flows control conditions are triggering Yes & No actions at the same time, but the Run history doesn't show the "No" condition triggering, as shown below.

Planner Flow - Task Duplication.jpg

I have Planner tasks Updating or Creating based on Excel Values, and sending emails to specific people.

Every time I run the flow, it updates the existing task sends an Update notification email, but then it also creates a duplicate task and sends out a New notification email. Run it 5 times and I end up with 4 update emails and 1 new email, and 5 tasks in planner with the same name and details.

Its baffling and I'm not sure why it's happening. The run history above (and every other run) clearly shows the 'False' action "create a task" and subsequent conditions and actions all being failed or skipped, yet a new task still appears in planner and I receive the new task notification.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*UPDATE* I inserted a delay before "Create a task" of 1 minute, and sure enough, the new item created and sent an email 1 minute after the Updated task and email was done, DESPITE the run history showing that condition flow to be "Skipped" or "Failed".

Regards,

Em

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Conditions duplicating tasks - Each run updates the old task, then creates a new task - Excel/Planner/Outlook

Hi @Emellar ,

If you follow this Flow, it seems to create many redundant tasks.

Your needs should be that if the task corresponding to the currently selected row does not exist, then create a new task, and there is only one row, then the number of newly created tasks should be at most one.

You could refer to the following methods to achieve your needs.

17.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Conditions duplicating tasks - Each run updates the old task, then creates a new task - Excel/Planner/Outlook

Hi @Emellar ,

If you follow this Flow, it seems to create many redundant tasks.

Your needs should be that if the task corresponding to the currently selected row does not exist, then create a new task, and there is only one row, then the number of newly created tasks should be at most one.

You could refer to the following methods to achieve your needs.

17.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Emellar
Level: Powered On

@v-bacao-msft 

I really cannot thank you enough for always assisting me with my novice issues!

You're awesome

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,198)