cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoelofR

Conditions for 'On new mail with attachment'

I have some flows to process my monthly invoices. The attached PDF has its name formatted and forwarded to a Sharepoint folder, and it gets uploaded via an email to my accounting software.

I get the impression I misunderstand how the different settings/conditions stack/combine in the trigger.

When I test the flows, they work. When I have them live when the invoice comes in, the flows do not trigger at all. The current flow trigger I use is the 'On new mail with attachment' step, an example for a Hubspot invoice is shown below:

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 09.44.07.png

I have understood this to be logic in the form of:

• An email lands in my inbox,
  • From this specific sender,
  • With an attachment,
  • And this piece of text is contained in the subject line.

When all these conditions are met, the trigger fires, but somehow when Hubspot sends the invoice, nothing triggers. No error either.

When I clear the 'from' field and forward the Hubspot invoice to myself, the trigger fires, and the flow works like a charm.

What am I missing in how these conditions are used? Any recommendations?

6 REPLIES 6
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@RoelofR  does the from field matches with the from address of email sent by Hubspot? Does the email arrive in your inbox and is the trigger configured to use your account, you can see that in connections when you click on three dots on top right corner of trigger.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Dear @annajhaveri ,

1. Yes, the address matches, it is copied. No spaces, etc. 
  2. The email arrives in the inbox, same in case the email is forwarded.
  3. Yes, the flow has the right connections and accounts connected.

Do you know how the 'hierarchy' of those conditions works? Are they combined with a logical 'AND' for example?

@RoelofR yes those conditions are combined logical AND, so if your email matches with from email address and subject filter should match and email should have attachment and email importance should be normal and when email arrives in Inbox folder.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

Dear @annajhaveri. That is interesting. Because it matches those conditions but still does not trigger.

Hence the test, where I cleared the 'from' field and forwarded the Hubspot email. Then it fired off. But when I copy the email address from that message, it seems to ignore the email arriving in the inbox.

Do you know of any other tests I might try to get to the bottom of this?

@RoelofR How frequently do you get the hubspot emails? If its frequent then it would make it easy to test, can you create a separate flow with same trigger but no conditions configured in trigger, just to see if the flow triggers for hubspot email.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Once a month. Good idea to create a copy of this flow to test it next time it comes around. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,001)