cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Conditions giving the opposite response. Highly illogical Captain.

Hi,

I have a simple approval email with the options APPROVED,DENIED.

I have a condition: if the response is APPROVED, update the Approval Field to APPROVED.

If Denied, update the Approval field to DENIED.

For some reason, I am getting the opposite.

If I hit APPROVED in the email, DENIED is in the field and vice versa.

I have seen this before in  conditions but they seemed to resolve themselves in time.

I have resorted to reversing the logic (see below - If the email selects APPROVED, the flow says to populate DENIED).

It actually populates it with APPROVED. So reverse logic seems to function but there must be something I'm missing here.

Anyone else know of this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Loosersic_1-1611006195371.png

Loosersic_0-1611005990461.png

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Your screenshot is too small to be readable, but what are you checking for the response?  Responses is a collection (array) of responses that will create an Apply to Each loop to read the response from each approver.  Outcome is the overall response and contains a delimited list of the responses from each approver as a string.  But in both cases you need to check for the string Approve or Reject, not Approved or Denied.  If you are comparing against the wrong string that will definitely give you the wrong logic.  But I need a clearer screenshot to really explain what is going on in your situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi, yes the image is poor quality (not when I created it). I've attached a clear image to this response.

2021-01-19_8-37-33.png

HI Again, The image I upload is good but the moment it goes into this community site post it is reduced to unreadable.

Helper I
Helper I

Actually, I have changed this part of the flow to an approval which works.
Thanks anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (44,898)