cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennifferO

Configure Power Automate Alert for Approaching Deadlines

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed. I would like to build a flow that will send an email alert when a deadline is approaching on an excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet can be access via MS Teams and SharePoint (SP). I believe SP would be a good place to retrieve the data, but I'm not sure where to begin. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

4 REPLIES 4

@JennifferO 

Hi there.  So, one approach might be to use a recurrence trigger to run daily/weekly/whatever (depending on the urgency of the alert) that will grab all the unsent items (might need to add a column to track if/when an alert was sent already) and then send the alert if the due falls within the next period (day/week/whatever).

What do you think?

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JennifferO,

You could refer to this post to learn how to send alert when the approaching date coming:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Find-Today-date-on-an-Excel-file-then-send-email/...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JennifferO

I appreciate the your responses. This turned out to be a bit more complicated than I originally anticipated. Here is an overhead view of the automation process so far (still testing).

Deadline_Alert.png

@JennifferO 

No worries at all.  Keep at it until you get it working (or hit the next obstacle) and then worry about making it more stable and/or performant.

Great work!

-Ed

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,713)