cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ansari_rpa
Frequent Visitor

Configure time out for post adaptive card and wait for response and move to next step

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to capture completion status of a particular activity of a team. I am using post adaptive card and wait for response. The next activity is update row to capture the completion status and time.

This is a scheduled flow to be run on a daily basis.

Is there a possibility that we give 15 minutes for an individual to reply else, we end the flow for the day and move to the next activity and how to accomplish.

Appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caspar_Rubin
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey,

you can set the Post adaptive card and wait for a response action to have a Timeout.

To do that, click on the 3 dots and then on Settings.

Caspar_Rubin_0-1663237875058.png

In the Settings, you then enter PT15M, to have the action time out after 15 Minutes.

Caspar_Rubin_1-1663237919022.png

Now, below that action, Add a parallel branch.

Caspar_Rubin_2-1663237953739.png

On the left side, you click on the 3 dots and under Configure run after, you select is successful.

On the right side, you click on the 3 dots and under Configure run after you select has timed out.

Caspar_Rubin_3-1663238035176.png

Now if someone answers the card in under 15 Minutes, the left side will trigger and you can continue your logic there.

If the adaptive card times out, you can continue your logic on the right side.

If you want to have the same actions happening after one of both actions have completed, continue in the middle below them. But make sure that the next action below has the Configure run after set to is successful, is skipped and has timed out.

Caspar_Rubin_7-1663238732672.png

hope this helps. I think you'll have to play around with the Configure run after settings to get it the way you want...

cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caspar_Rubin
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey,

you can set the Post adaptive card and wait for a response action to have a Timeout.

To do that, click on the 3 dots and then on Settings.

Caspar_Rubin_0-1663237875058.png

In the Settings, you then enter PT15M, to have the action time out after 15 Minutes.

Caspar_Rubin_1-1663237919022.png

Now, below that action, Add a parallel branch.

Caspar_Rubin_2-1663237953739.png

On the left side, you click on the 3 dots and under Configure run after, you select is successful.

On the right side, you click on the 3 dots and under Configure run after you select has timed out.

Caspar_Rubin_3-1663238035176.png

Now if someone answers the card in under 15 Minutes, the left side will trigger and you can continue your logic there.

If the adaptive card times out, you can continue your logic on the right side.

If you want to have the same actions happening after one of both actions have completed, continue in the middle below them. But make sure that the next action below has the Configure run after set to is successful, is skipped and has timed out.

Caspar_Rubin_7-1663238732672.png

hope this helps. I think you'll have to play around with the Configure run after settings to get it the way you want...

cheers

Ansari_rpa
Frequent Visitor

Thank You Caspar!! You are Awesome!! It Worked!!

Hello Caspar, 

I am trying to implement the same approach however with the action(post a choice of option as a flow bot to a user) 

jhon_1_0-1663590678906.png

but I am always getting a run time error (The request failed. Error code: 'MissingOrInvalidFlowbotActions'. Error Message: 'The flowbot actions request from Teams connector is missing or invalid.')     
any idea how to resolve that ? 
I appreciate any help 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,279)