cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Confirmation Email received twice instead of one time after request has been approved.

I have a complex flow but I built a simple flow to mimic my problem in the complex flow. The idea of the approval flow is that there will be about 3-5 person to review it. In this simple flow, I built the flow that it needs the exact 2 person to approve the request before the flow continue moving to other parts of the flow. And if it success, the requestor will received an email as well as failed. (vice versa).

The main problem is, the requester will received 2 times of flow notifying the requester it is approved which is not ideal. I would prefer it for the requester to receive only once as well as the comments from each approver (if they commented)

Below is the idea of the simple flow. 

help.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

To only send one email you need to get it outside the Apply to each loop.  In the place where the Send email is now you should be saving the dynamic values you want in the email using either append to string or append to array variable actions.  Then when you exit the loop you can assemble the email using the variables you saved while inside the loop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi,

This should be correct. You should check each response within the for each loop and confirm that no one rejected if someone did to update a variable. Once you exit the for each loop you should check that variable and send an email based on that variable.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,589)