cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbbryant

Connection failed error in Power Automate app

I have created a form and I am trying to set up a flow that sends me an email notification when it is submitted.

When setting up a flow the power automate app is giving a "Test connection failed" error when trying to connect to Forms.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gbbryant ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @gbbryant 

This could be a connection caching issue. Can you go to Data -> Connections and select and delete the current connection with MS Forms and come back to the Power Automate app and create a new one while adding the trigger? 

If the issue persists, I would suggest logging off and close the current browser window, clear cache and start a fresh session to check if you continue to face the same issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gbbryant ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

augustandre23

I noticed that there are 2 types of connectors:

• Microsoft Forms
  • Microsoft Forms Pro

For me, the Microsoft Forms failed every time (probably because I don't have an Office licence on this account)  but it took me some time to see that I have to carefully chose the right trigger (in my case the Microsoft Forms Pro one)

I hope it helps.

AhmedYahya

actually i did get what do you mean well , could you explain further?

i have an activated microsoft 365 account (family), but i have a connection failed when i try to connect power automate with microsoft forums !!

iskias
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. Although the connections to both forms and outlook are there under Data>>Connections, when I try to build a new flow to trigger an email upon submitting a form, I get the error "Test connection failed. Details: Required user login". I am on a O365 personal subscription. I have tried multiple workarounds (e.g restablishing connections, etc) but with no luck. Any ideas?

iskias_0-1612783046352.png

iskias_1-1612783093207.png

EDIT: When I even try to build it using the template "Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms" I get the following: (!)

Screenshot 2021-02-08 132248.jpg

EDIT 2: I am opening a new post since this was already flagged as solved by the original poster and I guess it doesn't draw much attention.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,919)