Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ManfredH83
Level: Powered On

Connector Outlook 365 (Send email) not working

Hello!

I have a strange problem with one of my flows. I have created another flow with Sharepoint as well as Outlook 365 and Approval connectors and everything is working fine (the flow hasn't run recently, since there is no new approval request though).

Now I have created another flow to check a list and send an email if a condition is met. However the flow aborts with the following error:

InvalidTemplate. Vorlagensprachausdrücke in den Eingaben der Aktion "E-Mail_senden" in Zeile "1" und Spalte "2427" können nicht verarbeitet werden: Der Vorlagensprachausdruck "json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']" kann nicht ausgewertet werden, weil die Eigenschaft "shared_office365" nicht vorhanden ist. Verfügbare Eigenschaften: shared_sharepointonline. Details zur Syntax finden Sie unter https://aka.ms/logicexpressions..

Flow.PNG

So, something about the connector not being available. A similar error is displayed when I tried to replace the email connector with an App notification event. I've read, that sometimes the connectors can be buggy (especially when triggered from BI) and removed and readded the connectors, but I am triggering the flow manually and nothing is working 😞

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connector Outlook 365 (Send email) not working

Hi @ManfredH83,

Could you please share a screenhsot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more about the error message in english?

Could you please share the expression you used in the send an email action?

I afraid that the error message that you peovided told that the expression in the send an email action is wrong.

Please delete the expression in the send an email action to see if the issue still exists.

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

ManfredH83
Level: Powered On

Hi!

In the meantime I created the flow anew and there it seems to be working great. However it would still be great of course to get to the root of this problem.

The flow worked, when I deleted the step for sending an email.

While I am writing this post, the following happened: I had tried to run the flow and strangely got a similar error but some steps before, when I tried to get items of a Sharepoint list:

2get sharepoint elements_error.PNGError with Sharepoint connector3get sharepoint items_connector.PNGSettings of action

Error message:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_items' inputs at line '1' and column '2405': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline_1' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Before sending this post I tried to readd the step (Sharepoint - Get elements) which didn't work. But then I added a new connection with the same user in the step and strangely it worked - elements could be retrieved:

5connector2.PNGConnector account - new

I tried the same with the email step - removed, readded, added another connection - but this didn't work.

mail connector.PNGError mail connectormail action.PNGSettings of step

Error message:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '2405': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365_2']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365_2' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

The connector step seems to look for shared_office_365_2 but strangely ony a shared_sharepointonline connector seems available?

So, my guess is, that the configuration of Connectors is somehow messed up? If I recollect correctly, I created the flow on the go with my user (manfred.heimgartner), then later added "workflows" as an additional user and thus created a team flow and then changed the connectors to the workflows account.

Also, is this what you mean by "configuration of your flow"?

4flow overview.PNGOverview123.PNGConnectors

Super User
Super User

Hi @ManfredH83 , you can resolve this issue? 

If not check this post in community 

Pieter Veenstra show how do a tick to resolve this

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,184)