cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Level 8

Consolidated Email to the assigned user weekly for tasks due

Hi,

Using the solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distin..., I have setup an exact flow to send one email out listing all tasks for a given user and it works great without any issues. The solution works on one task list.

In my case under root site, I have about 4 sub-sites and on each of these subsites contain one task list so total 4 task lists. All the task lists have same columns in use. Now the requirement is to send a weekly email out to the assigned user letting them know about the tasks with all task status except Completed. 

The solution listed on the link I mentioned works only for one task list, can we make it work for more than one task list across the site collection? The goal is to send only one email out to user listing all tasks assigned to him in different task list across the site collection, is this possible to do using flow? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Consolidated Email to the assigned user weekly for tasks due

Hi dmistry,

According to your description, you want  to send one email to remind a given user all the tasks from four lists.

As the four task lists have same columns, I suggest you to use the Compose action to combine data in one array.

Then you can use the data from one output.

I have made a flow for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

The expression is: union(body('Get_items')?['value'],body('Get_items_2')?['value'],body('Get_items_3')?['value'],body('Get_items_4')?['value'])

1.pngNext, you can follow the solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distin...

2.png3.png

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Zhonys

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi dmistry,

According to your description, you want  to send one email to remind a given user all the tasks from four lists.

As the four task lists have same columns, I suggest you to use the Compose action to combine data in one array.

Then you can use the data from one output.

I have made a flow for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

The expression is: union(body('Get_items')?['value'],body('Get_items_2')?['value'],body('Get_items_3')?['value'],body('Get_items_4')?['value'])

1.pngNext, you can follow the solution here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/microsoft-flow-get-all-items-with-distin...

2.png3.png

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Zhonys

View solution in original post

dmistry
Level 8

@v-zhos-msft, Can you provide some info on why Create HTML table is used twice?

dmistry
Level 8

@v-zhos-msft, can you also share an expanded view of each action/condition in flow screenshot, just want to make sure that I follow the steps exactly as depicted to make it work, thanks in advance.

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi dmistry,

The first Create HTML table is to check wheather I have compose the four lists data together. You can ignore about it.

Regards,

Zhonys

dmistry
Level 8

@v-zhos-msft, Hi, I was able to make the flow to work and I do get email showing tasks from three different task lists in one email but then flow shows as run failed. Any idea? I do not have any mandatory columns in any of the lists.

Capture.PNG

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi dmistry,

I have attached some screenshots of my flow to hopefully help you out with yours.

Capture1.PNG

Formula value for 'Append to Array Variable' :

first(item()?['AssignedTo'])?['Email']

Capture2.PNG

Init Variable 2 Formula 

union(variables('AssignedToEmailArray'),variables('AssignedToEmailArray'))

The output of Filter Array is come from Compose action.

Filter Array Formula:

@equals(first(item()?['AssignedTo'])?['Email'], first(variables('Email')))

Capture3.PNG

Send to Formula:

first(variables('AssignedToEmailArray'))
Capture5.PNG

Skip Formula 

skip(variables('Email'),1)

Set variable Output is the output from Compose 2 

Regards,

Zhongys

dmistry
Level 8

@v-zhos-msft I revised the flow as per the screenshots you sent, for some reason though I am not seeing a temlpate invalid error, failing on Select.

Capture.PNG

For Task Description, I am using item()?['Body'] formula, still it does not work. Filter array inputs adn outputs look the same for some reason.

Capture.PNG

dmistry
Level 8

@v-zhos-msft, I was able to make it to work. The tasks coming from different lists had description column left empty and that is why flow was failing. Once I populated description column, flow then worked well. One question I have, is there a way we can add some condition that can check if the columns in select action are empty or not. I mean I will have to force users to populate these columns but if not then how can we make it work if a task does not have description column populated.

I want to make sure that the flow works if any of the column in select action are not populated in SP task list. Appreciate any help on this,thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,829)