cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Consolidated email reporting based on Excel Online for multiple rows

Hello Power Users ! 

I'm new to PowerAutomate and I have been building a small flow to send out some email notifications to my customers regarding their invoices that are currently overdue. I have managed to get done the trigger but the action of creating a consolidated email is where I have stuck almost a week now.

Following is a sample format of my Excell Online sheet with customer invoice data :

Tbl.PNG

The consolidated emails should be sent out in the following format as an action :

exmpl.PNG

Can anybody help me to create the action to send out the consolidated emails as the two examples? Much appreciated !

Thank you 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @astrodileepa 

Thanks for the screen share.

You were almost there with @efialttes  suggestion but to get the cashier email from the Filter Array you need the following expression.

body('FilterArray')[0]Item('cashier_email')

All the cashier email are same for every customer so you can select this by array first index 0.

Hope it was a useful session.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

@abm Thanks so much for the screen share and supporting me to figure out the point where I was stuck and @efialttes  Thank you so much for the support it really helped a lot 🙂 

Posting the entire correct flow if someone need to understand it. 

Untitled-1.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @astrodileepa 

Is your emails are fixed list? If it is then add all emails in an array. Then iterate each array item (each email) filter against Excel so that you can get relevant rows based on email and send email to specified user.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Consolidated email reporting is explained here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Consolidated-email-based-on-date-in-excel/m-p/471...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@abm  yes every customer has fixed email - and they have multiple rows of invoice details.

Hi @astrodileepa 

Did you tried @efialttes  solution?

If you know all the customers email address before hand then declare an array and store all the emails. Then iterate the array using a foreach loop and filter the excel rows against the each email then send the email.

See this blog how to filter Excel Rows.

https://mydevexperience.wordpress.com/2019/09/25/microsoft-flow-excel-list-rows-present-in-a-table/

If you need any help in this please let me know.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Had done as above - it works to send the email directly to the customer but as you can see in my original post I need to CC (carbon copy)  the same email to the cashier email as well. How can I do that? 

screencapture-australia-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-163bf6f4-8cd6-41ce-945e-17b752c89b01-flows-998e4a12-7e8c-44d3-b35c-a829e14dfb15-2020-03-28-20_30_44.png

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @astrodileepa 

Do you want to do a screenshare? I could look into this. Send me your details by email.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @astrodileepa 

Thanks for the screen share.

You were almost there with @efialttes  suggestion but to get the cashier email from the Filter Array you need the following expression.

body('FilterArray')[0]Item('cashier_email')

All the cashier email are same for every customer so you can select this by array first index 0.

Hope it was a useful session.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@abm Thanks so much for the screen share and supporting me to figure out the point where I was stuck and @efialttes  Thank you so much for the support it really helped a lot 🙂 

Posting the entire correct flow if someone need to understand it. 

Untitled-1.jpg

@astrodileepa 

I've also marked your last reply as Solution -more than one reply can by tagged as solution even from different Community members-, since I agree with you it will help others. Thanx for sharing!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @astrodileepa 

I have a similar requirement as yours and i am trying to replicate the steps shared by you. But getting stuck at creating a unique list. Can you or anyone else assist me with this.

I am pretty new with flows. Have been using VBA for much of the automation and this is my first time with MS Flow.

My data is having an "Email" column which i want to capture unique values.

I have doubt that my select comand and then unique email command (Union syntax) is not correct. Can you assist by providing step by step guide to use select and compose unique email id.

Thanks

Shabbir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (13,161)