cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FIVESIGN
Frequent Visitor

Contains Filter Case Sensitivity

Dear community, I am stuck and need your expertise! I have a SharePoint list with suppliers. The title column is the name of the supplier and now I want my Flow to search the name based on an input from the user. But the contains filter is not working as I imagine.

If I filter directly in the SharePoint list, then it doesn't matter if I enter uppercase, lowercase only the second word in the name or only a part of the name, it lists me everything what my input contains.

In the flow it is like this:

Let's take the example name "Beautiful Day".

If I search for "Beautiful", there will be one match.

If I search for "beautiful" it finds nothing or "day" or only parts of it like "be". What I found out, is that there is some kind of case sensitivity. I've searched the net but couldn't find the right solution to my problem - so here I am, crying for help!

I wish the "contains" filtering worked exactly the same as it does in the SharePoint list .... what am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fugixi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Adding some examples to @ManishJain reply.

If you are using expressions for the contains within your flow, then you could use something like below:

contains(toLower(body('Get_item')['Title']),toLower('TEXT TO FIND'))

If you are using the Condition action, you do the same with toLower(), but for each side of the condition.

image.png

image.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did this post solve your problem? Please click Accept as Solution so that others may find it more quickly.
If you liked my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Do you want to hear more from me? Visit my blog Marble's Power Corner.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FIVESIGN ,

In the flow where you are checking for Contains use toLower or toUpper on both sides 

Thanks

fugixi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Adding some examples to @ManishJain reply.

If you are using expressions for the contains within your flow, then you could use something like below:

contains(toLower(body('Get_item')['Title']),toLower('TEXT TO FIND'))

If you are using the Condition action, you do the same with toLower(), but for each side of the condition.

image.png

image.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did this post solve your problem? Please click Accept as Solution so that others may find it more quickly.
If you liked my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Do you want to hear more from me? Visit my blog Marble's Power Corner.

View solution in original post

FIVESIGN
Frequent Visitor

Awesome @fugixi! It worked! 👍

Perfect!

Glad to hear it. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,350)