cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katie
Frequent Visitor

Contains Function Match to Specific Keywords/Phrases

Hello!

I am trying to have a flow using PA where when an email is received with specific conditions in the subject, that a post is made to a Teams channel. I am trying to have this flow setup for each channel, as each represents a state or region, where the subject contains specific keywords/phrases to match to. 

For example, an email comes in with a subject line similar to "ALERT 20NM NE "WB" (SCWS001)". The "WB" is a code for where this is, lets say Florida. I want PA to post that email to the "Florida" Teams channel I have setup. I have gotten it to post the email to the Teams channels, but it isn't posting to the correct one each time. 

Below is the flow as I have it setup right now:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I think this is an issue with the way I have to tell PA to match the keywords/phrases and I just don't know how to specify that I need it to match exactly to that one very specific portion of the subject. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Katie ,

the editor changed the quote characters in the response from @v-bofeng-msft. It has different quote character than the expression expects, try it as:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],'"')[1]

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Katie ,

if there's a different channel for each of the subject codes then you can't have them all in a single condition. You'll need a separate condition for each of the codes:

• if subject contains WA
    • post message to florida
  • if subject contains PA
    • post message to xxxx

Thank you for your response!

To clarify, I have many codes I need to match where any of those would go to one channel.... For example, I have code X, XY, XZ, AA, etc. and all of those need to post to the "Florida" channel. So I would have to set each of these as a separate condition?

Also, would you happen to know if there is a way for me to tell PA that I want it to match the code to only one very specific portion of the subject? (i.e. it says something like ALERT ### "CODE" (ABC123) and I need the condition to match ONLY the "CODE" piece.

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Katie :

Please try:

vbofengmsft_0-1638253945631.png

Best Regards,

Bof

This is definitely helpful, but I think I must be missing something because it isn't working... Could you check and see if this is missing anything?

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Hi @Katie :

vbofengmsft_0-1638775891029.png

Best Regards,
Bof

Hi there,

When I put this formula 

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],"")[1]  into the expression bar, I get the below error message

I get the same error message if I remove the [1]
error.PNG

Hi @Katie :

Please copy and paste this formula directly:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],‘’)[1]

Best Regards,

Bof

Hello!

I have tried this and I still get the same error message ☹️

Hello!

I have tried this and I still get the same error message 

Katie_0-1640008630154.png

Hello @Katie ,

the editor changed the quote characters in the response from @v-bofeng-msft. It has different quote character than the expression expects, try it as:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],'"')[1]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,334)