cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Continue flow only when Forms Answer Item = Approval ID

Hi everyone,

I have build a flow for HR approvals - and am currently stuck with a major problem resulting in the fact that many requests get forwarded although they shouldn't be as not all input has been provided.

So here's a brief overview of what the flow does/is supposed to do (the trouble starts here😞

1. A request is being submitted via forms

2. Depending on the department chosen, the right stakeholders are being informed and HR needs to give approval/reject the request

3. All answers are being recorded in an Excel list

4. If the request is approved by HR, stakeholders are informed of the current status and the relevant superior gets an email with:

- the Approval ID

- a link to Forms where they are to confirm the budget

pauku3001_0-1600239905162.png

5. Answers are recorded in the appropriate row in Excel (linked through Request ID)

6. According to whether or not they have stated "YES within budget" or "NO not within budget" for the relevant request different steps are to be taken 

- for this purpose I want to check for each request whether the superior has already submitted answers

- if yes for this Approval ID then A

- if no for this Approval ID then B

--> However, what it does is: I have 3 requests that have been approved by HR R1, R2, R3. A superior now fills out the form for R2, saying it is not within budget, providing the right Approval ID and PowerAutomate does B for all requests R1, R2, R3 - although no answers have been added for R1 and R3 yet. Can anyone please help to resolve this issue??

Thank you so much in advance!!

pauku3001_1-1600240146502.png

pauku3001_2-1600240173250.png

pauku3001_3-1600240210070.png

pauku3001_4-1600240238503.png

pauku3001_0-1600240496522.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi again!

I am assuming you are using two different Forms:

First Form  (Form#1) for submittion requests

Second Form (Form#2), filled by the relevant superior once he/she gets an email with:

- the Approval ID

Is my assumption correct? If so, I would have my first flow listening to Form#1 responses, and in charge of sending the email with to the relevan superior. THen I would have a second flow listening to Form#2 responses.

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Let me see I understood the problem:

1.- You mention "I have 3 requests that have been approved by HR R1, R2, R3" This means 3 different approval ID's, right?

2.- It seems you implemented everything in a single flow, instead of splitting the logic in two different flows (the first one attending initial Form answers and steps 1,2,3,4... being its last step email notification to superior; the second one attending superior answers to Forms and further valdations), right? Did you consider a two-flow approach instead?

Hope this helps

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thanks for your input!

1. Yes, that's right - it's three different approval IDs.

2. I am not quite sure whether I know exactly what you mean. Are you suggesting to have the flow end once the superior's Forms answers have been submitted + the Excel file updated accordingly - and then setup a second flow that only starts if the submitted request ID = approval ID? Could you help me visualize what this would look like?

Many thanks,

Paula

Hi again!

I am assuming you are using two different Forms:

First Form  (Form#1) for submittion requests

Second Form (Form#2), filled by the relevant superior once he/she gets an email with:

- the Approval ID

Is my assumption correct? If so, I would have my first flow listening to Form#1 responses, and in charge of sending the email with to the relevan superior. THen I would have a second flow listening to Form#2 responses.

Hope this makes sense

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect, thanks! I have splitted the flow in two - and it seems to be running smoothly now.

Cheers,

Paula

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,384)