cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Continuous Email Auto Reply

All,

I am looking for some help with an Auto reply flow that we have been trying to get working for a while. I have been trying to build a flow that will take an incoming email, reply to that email, and resend it every 15 minutes or so without getting caught in message loops with other auto responders.

I had this article from a while ago but the flow has broken and started sending out multiple emails at a time. (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Email-Auto-Responder/m-p/365409#M40903)

Does anyone have a similar setup in place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selmer,

You could initialize an integer variable named LoopTimes and set the value to 3, then Create a Do Until action, set the end condition when LoopTimes is equal to 0. Within the inner of the loop, create the Delay action set to 15 minutes. After that when an incoming email, reply to that email and resend it every 15 minutes:

Annotation 2020-03-04 151460.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selmer,

You could initialize an integer variable named LoopTimes and set the value to 3, then Create a Do Until action, set the end condition when LoopTimes is equal to 0. Within the inner of the loop, create the Delay action set to 15 minutes. After that when an incoming email, reply to that email and resend it every 15 minutes:

Annotation 2020-03-04 151460.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

From reading your solution it sounds like you would plan to make the flow respond to the email a total of 3 times every 15 minutes and then have it stop? We had something similar with integers build into a flow but I noticed that it was ignoring my step at the top of the flow or ignoring subjects with specific domains. This was a problem as internal users and emails like no_reply@ or autoreply@ were generating loops. Any idea on how to incorporate that nicely when an integer is being used in the flow?

Hi @selmer,

I am not clear about the no_reply@ or autoreply@, could you please share the screenshots of your Flow?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,394)