I'm trying to use a conversion function and when I save the flow it gets removed. It happens with any conversion functions but specifically I'm trying to use:
But when I save and then go back to the flow it ends up being just:
(this is within a simple Initialize variable action)
What am I doing wrong?
Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?
Thanks for your feedback, the issue is confirmed on my side, but it doesn't happen with any conversion functions. My flow's configuration as below:
Within Inputs field of Compose action, type the following formula:
But when I save and close my flow, then re-edit it, the flow shows up as below:But when I run my flow, the flow works successfully as below:
I think the base64ToString() function has taken effect, this issue seems to be related to the display issue within Microsoft Flow. Please take a try to run your flow to check if the base64ToString() function has also taken effect on your side.
I would post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.
I would love to post some pictures but this editor isn't allowing me to add them - so please see them here:
Anyhow my base64 has not taken effect.
I tested still have the same issue. The error message as below:-
Error : The field 'documentbody' contains one or more invalid characters.
link to see the content of input : https://prod-30.southeastasia.logic.azure.com/workflows/f8fe1ca488964d3a8f1b248f05f922ab/runs/085867...
Currently i configure the flow to read from SQL database and convert the Varbinary type content data to Based64ToString to store the content of document to CRM you can see below screenshot of the flow:
Still not working for my side. Any alternative solution can share to me how to create annotation to CRM? when the data store in Client SQL is Varbinary type.
I don't think your error/issue is the same as mine. I don't have a badFateway or anything and please note that if I copy and paste the Signature text into a tool like http://freeonlinetools24.com/base64-image it decodes without issue
Yes. I tested by using tool to convert my Varbinary data and copy paste to the Microsoft flow. No error occur and it works. So now i am not sure where is the problem occur. As i know from SDK CRM document content type will work if accept Based64ToString.
Thanks for the help. I have tested again. I found out 1 thing.
The based64tostring expression actually is working for my side only UI issue. But the convertion only able to convert file content of document example like Text (tested by me) it work and able to be created in CRM. But once created unable to download in CRM. This issue i am not sure why because it will show exception in XML format. picture below:-
Success created via Flow
Error when download it from CRM
Then i upload picture into database and use microsoft flow to push the picture to CRM annotation will have problem said the document body contains invalid characters. Picture below:
Hope all this information can help you all.
We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!