cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Convert CSV string to HTML table

Any ideas as to how I could convert a csv string to json in flow? My goal is to have a nicely formatted HTML table so that I can send that table in an email. Here’s a sample.

Change End Date/Time,Case Number,Case Owner,Subject
2018-06-07 06:00:00,194170,Jane Doe,Server Build
2018-06-08 16:00:00,195528,John Smith,Version Upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jlazerus,

Do you want to convert a CSV string into a json within Microsoft Flow?

If you want to convert a CSV string into a json within Microsoft Flow, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @jlazerus!

If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum then you need to post the URL to your idea’s thread as a reply to this thread and then "Accept as Solution" on that reply so other users may vote for your Flow Idea and identify the information easily.

Thank You!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

You can use Parse CSV action from Plumsail Documents connector. It allows you to convert CSV into an array and variables for each column. Please read this article demonstrating how it works.

In your case you will need to parse CSV and then generate an HTML from a template using this data. For this task you can use Create HTML from template action from the same connector. Please review this article to learn how to generate HTML from template.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,651)