cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenjaminStolt

Convert Docx to Dotx

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert a standard .docx file into a .dotx template using Power Automate or Power Apps? I've been searching for days and can't find any standard function or premium connector for this.

My organisation is using an intranet application called Omnia built on SharePoint 365. In Omnia Office templates are stored in a Sharepoint document library in .docx format and simply creates a copy of this file as a user wants to use a template.

- The downside here is that this library cant be used to connect templates to Office 365 since this function demands .dotx format.

So I'm trying to build a flow that copies all new/updated files from the Omnia library to a separate Sharepoint Document library and converting them to .dotx.....any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
avgust_il
Regular Visitor

We also looking for a way to convert the following formats by Power Automate Flows using Office Connectors. So far the connectors don't support that. Is there a plan to add support for the below formats?

WORD: DOCX

WORD: DOTX

WORD: DOCM

WORD: DOTM

EXCEL: XLSX

EXCEL: XLTX

EXCEL: XLSM

EXCEL: XLTM

PowerPoint: PPTX

PowerPoint: POTX

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,431)