cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amorris2
Level: Powered On

Convert Excel File from outlook to Excel Table in sharepoint using Flow

I'm trying to use flow to take an excel file from a delivered email, convert the file to an excel table and upload the new table to sharepoint. Below is the current flow that I have.  The current flow puts a regular excel file into sharepoint, but I need this file converted to a table.

Screen1.jpgPart 1Screen2.jpgPart 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Re: Convert Excel File from outlook to Excel Table in sharepoint using Flow

Hi @amorris2,

Currently, there is no action could create table directly in the newly created excel file, so you need to manually open the file to create a table.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @amorris2,

What do you mean by the table? Is it a SharePoint list?

If so, after you have converted the file received from email to an excel file, you could to add each row of the table in excel to the item in the SharePoint list by action create items of connector SharePoint.Annotation 2019-06-21 102646.png

If not, could you please tell me the specific table you refer to?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amorris2

@v-lin-msft,

Right now I just have the file going to sharepoint as a regular excel file, it is not a sharepoint list.  Basically my end game is to be able to use power query off of that data, and also to use the data for some power BI Dashboards.  If creating a sharepoint list (I also would need help with creating this flow too) is my best option, then I can do that as well.  I just know when I try to load the current file into power BI, it says it has to be in a table format.

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @amorris2,

So your question is when the file was imported into PowerBI something went wrong, right?

You can check whether there is a complete table in the excel file that you need to import. Since the excel file created in this way does not create a table, you need to create a table manually.

This is done by selecting all the data in excel, including column names, and then clicking the "Insert Table".

Annotation 2019-06-24 095833.png

Best Regards,

amorris2

@v-lin-msft,

Correct.  I'm getting a report out of a different BI system and the file is not in a table format.  I'm trying to automate the process without having to open the file, select data source, and then create table.  I want this to be done using Flow and have it also uploaded to my Sharepoint site using flow as well.

v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @amorris2,

Currently, there is no action could create table directly in the newly created excel file, so you need to manually open the file to create a table.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,376)