cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Excel date value

Hi,

I get a date value from Excel in the form 43201 as an example.

How can I make a date value out of this number that I can use in a condition to evaluate whether this date is less or greater than the current date?

Would be great if somebody could help.

Best regards,

Ludwig 

21 REPLIES 21

Thank you!  Unfortunately there is still something I'm missing as I'm now getting the below message.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the format the date is in in excel, but I've tried date format (both in US and UK), integer (the original format) and string and the message is the same.  The SharePoint list columns are Date/Time and unfortunately I can't change the format because they are linked to a Power App.  I think I'm going to have to go to plan B which is to create a new SharePoint list and link that to the app.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the issue is (or could spot the typo which is the only other thing I can think of) I'd be very grateful!

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/Estimated_x0020_Go_x002d_Live_x0' is required to be of type 'String/date'. The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/date'.

Formula being used:  

if(empty(items('ApplyEachDates')?['Est_x002e_ Project Close Date']),'', addDays('1899-12-30', int(items('ApplyEachDates')?['Est_x002e_ Project Close Date']), 'dd/mm/yyyy'))

And screenshot of flow
SharePoint update issue.PNG

I do see spaces in your formula, in between Project Close Date, so that is probably not correct. And I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I did have to plug my date fields into String variables to check what format they were in. Since the Excel source could have been changed by any user and the format altered in some way, I first plugged the dates into String variables and then checked for the presence of forward slashes: / 

If there were slashes, then the Excel field was already in a date format that SharePoint could take directly and there was no need for the compose action. I plugged the Excel field directly into the SharePoint date field and it was fine.

If there were NO slashes, I knew I had an integer and needed to use the Compose action to format the value in a way that SharePoint could understand.

variables.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,986)