cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Convert HTML to text for use in a HTML Table

I have a flow which currently queries ServiceNow. The returned JSON contains HTML which I am trying to convert to plan text.

I've tried using the HTML to text however I can't use the returned result in the 'Create HTML table' as that needs to sit outside of the 'Apply to each' funciton.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Convert HTML to text for use in a HTML Table

Hi @addwal,

Could you share a screenshot of your Flow configuration?

I want to know what is the content of returned JSON and the output of HTML to text?

Maybe you could consider using a variable to save the contents of the output- HTML to text, and then configure the result of the variable output in ‘Create HTML table’.

Please provide more details.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Convert HTML to text for use in a HTML Table

@v-bacao-msft below is the current flow configuration.

- Run a query in ServiceNow and retieve records

- create a variable

- if there is a record set the variable to true (in the Apply to each loop)

- if variable is true, create HTML table and send email with the HTML table. 

2018-11-01_09h35_50.png

My create table is as below. I'm currently using a reparting replace to replace any html tags with nothing. 

2018-11-01_09h39_04.png

The output from the SNOW query is as below (description' which contains HTML. 

{
  "result": [
    {
      "short_description": "VSTS - 95 - SLC - Exclude 'W' status from SITS query",
      "description": "New Bug created in VSTS\nTitle: SLC - Exclude 'W' status from SITS query \nRepro Steps: <div>the SITS view 'AllStudentDetais' contains courses with a status 'W'.</div><div><br></div><div>This can result in the wrong course being select if a current course has a higher award rank number.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>SQL query to be updated to exclude 'W' from results.</div>\nPriority: 2\nSeverity: 4 - Low",
      "u_into": "false",
      "location": "",
      "category": null,
      "u_issue_type": "Functionality"
    },
    {
      "short_description": "VSTS - 96 - PLAN - Not using KnownAs name",
      "description": "New Bug created in VSTS\nTitle: PLAN - Not using KnownAs name \nRepro Steps: <div>In the PLAN - STUCHANGE&nbsp; - Create User - Test 1.xml file, there is both a First and KnownAs name populated.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>If they are different, KnownAs should be used over First name.&nbsp;</div>\nPriority: 2\nSeverity: 3 - Medium",
    },
    {
      "short_description": "VSTS - 97 - PLAN - Duplicate entries ",
      "description": "New Bug created in VSTS\nTitle: PLAN - Duplicate entries  \nRepro Steps: <div>Using the XML file to trigger PLAN, there seems to be 2 entries going into the XPLAN36 table instead of a single entry.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>\nPriority: 2\nSeverity: 3 - Medium",
    }
  ]
}

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,495)