cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenty25
Level: Powered On

Convert O365 Outlook event to ICS and email

Maybe their is an easier way but I’m an admin of my own O365 account and I’m trying to update my work calendar (which they have flow shutoff for security purposes). Work also uses O365.

Ideally I would love to send my home calendar accepted invites through email so I can “block time” on work calendar.

What I’m currently thinking is to create a trigger when accepting event that will create an ICS with start and end time, e-mail to internet account.

Any ideas from community?
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Convert O365 Outlook event to ICS and email

April Dunnam (@aprildunnam) has recently released a really cool video on this, give this a go and if you still need help I'll jump in and give you a hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_d71ykRJA&feature=youtu.be

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

twenty25

@MattWeston365   I gave it up try but came up short.  My Flow successfully sends email attachment with ICS file to correct internet address but I have 2 problems.

1.  The ICS when accepted puts on the wrong calendar.  I'm creating the entry on my home calendar and when I send it to my work account and open ICS it saves it to same Home Calendar versus Saving to the Work Calendar??????

2. I'm also getting the wrong time.  When I created the trigger event it was 10PM ET; When I accepted the ICS it showing 2am the next day.

Thoughts?

twenty25

Screenshot 2019-09-23 21.05.11.pngScreenshot 2019-09-23 21.06.07.png

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @twenty25 ,

Regarding the time display error, you could try to convert the start time/end time to your time zone using Convert time zone action. The time zone used by MS Flow is UTC.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @twenty25 please accept my apologies for not being on over the last few days. When you open outlook, do you have both your home calendar and your work calendar both added as accounts? When you open an ICS calendar entry, Outlook will always add it to what it considers the default account.

If you only have one account within Outlook, then it will just be added to that.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

twenty25

Unfortunately, I do have multiple accounts.  That is the problem I'm trying to solve.....  How do I get appointments that I create in my personal calendar to block time on my work calendar.  Any ideas or other thoughts on how I can easily do this?  Microsoft doesn't make it easy.... thinking it would be easier to change my personal life to Google....  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 5,608 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: