Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sumitmukund
Level: Powered On

Convert Sharepoint Word Document to PDF

Hi,

We are using flow to populate a word template that is currently hosted in Sharepoint. Once the word document is generated from the "Populate a microsoft word template" action we want to create the PDF for the same and finally save it in a file system. Is there any way apart from temporarily using a one Drive and then create a pdf and then goto file system.?

Much appreciated for the help.

Thanks

ThreeAtion 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Convert Sharepoint Word Document to PDF

Hey @sumitmukund 

Now that you have the Word template populated, you can use the convert word to pdf avaiable as an action for the word connector itself:

de.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sumitmukund 

Now that you have the Word template populated, you can use the convert word to pdf avaiable as an action for the word connector itself:

de.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Delia_Laudoni

Hi, 

You could use this item:

Capture17.PNG

And the result of this action will be the file content for your File System item.

Hope this helps you 🙂 

Delia

sumitmukund

Hi @yashag2255 Thanks a lot for your response. It worked for me. 

Being greedy and wanted to ask one more thing. Is it possible that after i populate a word template and create that file in a file system, i should be able to fetch that file from file system and convert it into PDF.?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @sumitmukund 

Yes. You can use the convert word document to PDF as shown in the earlier screenshot. Post that, you can either create the PDF file as a separate file in the file system or send it as an email attachment etc. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 248 members 2,257 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: