cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robottimies
Frequent Visitor

Convert Txt file to PDF and extract data

Hi, I would have two questions for the more experienced.

1. I have Txt files that I need to cut into pieces. I noticed that Parse JSON would get certain elements out of the file. Is it the case that Parse JSON does not work for Txt files to get get elements? Would the easiest way be to use a variable with a split? (I don’t have experience but I can read about split from Community).

2. Is it possible to convert a text file to PDF without suffering from columns? I've tried Convert file OneDrive and Encodian Convert text to PDF but in both the content doesn't seem to make sense that I could collect the desired data from PDF files with AI Builder, for example. 

Both are related to the same use case i.e. I would like to make it as easy as possible to extract certain items from Txt files like total amount and number of pieces. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Robottimies 

Are you able to share samples of the text and desired output?

I have examples of parsing and PDF creation on my blog.  

You can use split to create an array and then use select to form your desired output and parse JSON to create dynamic fields.  This might give you some ideas https://damobird365.birdhoose.co.uk/2021/04/03/parse-a-csv-to-json-array-in-power-automate-easily-qu...

If you need more help, please give me some examples.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Robottimies 

Are you able to share samples of the text and desired output?

I have examples of parsing and PDF creation on my blog.  

You can use split to create an array and then use select to form your desired output and parse JSON to create dynamic fields.  This might give you some ideas https://damobird365.birdhoose.co.uk/2021/04/03/parse-a-csv-to-json-array-in-power-automate-easily-qu...

If you need more help, please give me some examples.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,297)