cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttripp
Frequent Visitor

Convert Word to PDF Errors - "There was an error accessing the file."

Hey all,

I've been trying to find a solution for this flow randomly failing and I'm not having much progress. The goal is too populate a word template based on a form that is filled out, create the file in share point, then convert the word document to a PDF. This works maybe 95% of the time. But I get maybe one or two failures a week where the Convert Word Document to PDF just fails with the following error:

ttripp_0-1657221534224.png

I've read that adding a delay can help make sure the file is created completely before attempting to convert, but I have a 15 second delay right before the conversion; yet I keep getting this bad request, "error accessing the file."

I know the file names and paths should be good because it works SO often. I can almost always re-run the flow with success as well.

Here's the breakdown of whats happening in this scope: 

ttripp_1-1657221619269.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @ttripp ,

please refer to the following discussion:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Converting-Word-Document-to-PDF-Action-fa...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,356)