cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oaghaei
Resolver I
Resolver I

Convert a multi line field to plain text for an HTML table

I have a flow that takes items from a list and places them into an HTML table. One of the fields however, is a multi line field, and I am not sure how to convert the multi line field to a plain text. Any resources for this would be appreciated! 🙂 

Here is my flow with the output: 

oaghaei_0-1635902817366.png

Get items - map out the fields in the select card -> create HTML table and compose the HTML style for the table. 

oaghaei_1-1635902868106.png

Here is the trouble multi line field that I would like to reflect plain text from the multi line field.

oaghaei_2-1635902957725.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Mira_Ghaly hello!!! I wanted to send you a belated thank you for taking the time to consider the issue I was having with a multi line field. I finally figured out the issue. I went into the settings of the field and changed the text type from "enhanced rich text" to "plain text". I reran my flow and the column i was having the issue with, came through beautifully. I just wanted to share here in case anyone else runs into the issue, and to thank you for taking the time to trouble shoot!

oaghaei_1-1649097097951.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@oaghaei 

I tried the below approach and it worked for me:

1. Initialize a new array 

2. Loop on your Get Items

3. Then Call Html to Text Action

4.  Create a Compose data action with the Columns you want to have in your array and show on your HTML Table

5. Then append the output from your compose action to the Formatted Array

6. Last step would be to pass your array to the convert Table to HTML action.

Mira_Ghaly_1-1635905887156.png

Mira_Ghaly_2-1635905964592.png

And here is the output at my side:

Mira_Ghaly_3-1635906016410.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly hello!!! I wanted to send you a belated thank you for taking the time to consider the issue I was having with a multi line field. I finally figured out the issue. I went into the settings of the field and changed the text type from "enhanced rich text" to "plain text". I reran my flow and the column i was having the issue with, came through beautifully. I just wanted to share here in case anyone else runs into the issue, and to thank you for taking the time to trouble shoot!

oaghaei_1-1649097097951.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,782)