cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Convert a value from a calculated SharePoint column, convert to number -- InvalidTemplate error

I am trying to get a value from a calculated column in SharePoint, convert it to number and then use that output to update a different column in SharePoint. I'm getting an InvalidTemplate error.

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks you for your help!

f1.png

f3.png

f2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Convert a value from a calculated SharePoint column, convert to number -- InvalidTemplate error

So strange, mine works fine.

Snag_1845b039.pngSnag_1845ba3b.png

I would try to rewrite the float() function. Beyond that I'm not sure 

sorry @kreed 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Convert a value from a calculated SharePoint column, convert to number -- InvalidTemplate error

@kreed 

I don't believe the Compose step is needed. You can use the expression you created right in the field in the update item step. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@danmitchell36-- thank you for looking at this--it's driving me crazy! 😄

I'm still getting the same error. The SharePoint column is calculated and stored as text, though I have tried it in number format with the same result when I try to run the Flow.

f5.png4.png

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have no issue doing this. Can you add a screenshot of the output of the get item step?

This is what mine looks like. My calc field is "Test calc"

Snag_1803a6d4.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to convert SI and use it to update another column, SIS.

g4.png

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

So strange, mine works fine.

Snag_1845b039.pngSnag_1845ba3b.png

I would try to rewrite the float() function. Beyond that I'm not sure 

sorry @kreed 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@danmitchell36Thank you so much for helping me with this! After iterating on this several times, I finally closed my browser, cleared my cache, rewrote the expression and it worked. Is there a preferred browser for building flows?

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@kreed ,

Glad it worked! I prefer Chrome.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I am having the same issue

I am using Chrome  and have tried clearing cache.

If I try Expression - float() or int(), the calculated field is not listed under Dynamic content to add it as parameter.

Any ideas?

Thanks    

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,590)