cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie150
Helper I
Helper I

Convert_file_using_path action failed, resource not found

Hello,  I am trying to create a pdf from an html file.  Test fails.  Can you help with the problem?  Thanks for your help!

I have the following steps in my flow:

Manually trigger a flow - works on Test

SharePoint - Delete file - works on Test - deletes the file created in the prior flow test

SharePoint - Get file content - works on Test - finds the logo image to be used in next step

Initialize variable - works on Test- created this to add an image ('logo') to the html

SharePoint - Create file - works on Test - creates an html file using a concat function to insert the logo (I can view the html file created)

Delay - works on Test - 60 second delay - inserted as per Power Automate documentation for known issues

OneDrive for Business - Convert file using path - Fails on Test - selected SharePoint Path using dynamic content

Create file - not acted/skipped

For the Error Message:

Here's the Inputs:

{
    "host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_onedriveforbusiness",
        "operationId""ConvertFileByPath"
    },
    "parameters": {
        "path""/Shared Documents/PDF_Flow/Company_Analysis_TS.html",
        "type""PDF"
    }
}

----------------------

Here's the Outputs:

{
  "status"404,
  "message""The resource could not be found.",
  "source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes that would work, I have done that exact thing (created a Temporary file in root, and then delete the file once the PDF is created). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

From your steps: 

SharePoint - Create file - works on Test - creates an html file using a concat function to insert the logo (I can view the html file created) --> Either Create the file on OneDrive, or if you need this HTML file in SharePoint, create a second HTML file in OneDrive. 

Delay - works on Test - 60 second delay - inserted as per Power Automate documentation for known issues

OneDrive for Business - Convert file using path - Fails on Test - selected SharePoint Path using dynamic content --> Have the file to be converted on OneDrive, then use the path to that file. 

Newbie150
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the suggestions.  I was using SharePoint because I am creating this for others to use. 

Do you have a suggestion on where in OneDrive to put the file?  Maybe in the root directory and then copy to SharePoint and then delete that file?  Would that work?

ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes that would work, I have done that exact thing (created a Temporary file in root, and then delete the file once the PDF is created). 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,656)