cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avargas
Frequent Visitor

Convert format datatype from string to number

Hey everyone, i built a flow that works except for one loop (apply to each) where i get items from a sharepoint list and i need to pass the content to an array. There are 2 items in particular to which i created additional actions to format the numbers before they're put inside the array, those are the ones giving me issues. When i run the flow and fails to execute it displays a message that says something like "The selection of properties does not admit values  of type "String"  and i don't know how to fix it.

First i wanted to show that the fields from the Sharepoint list where this items come from are already Numeric dataypes

evidencia sp lista.png

Here is an example of an execution, as you can see the Composers have the numeric output and the Format Numbers as well, but after that it fails 

obtener elemento sp.png

compose preciounit.png

preciounit format.png

error flujo.png

This is how the array looks (btw, i ran the flow without the two Format Numbers as an experiment and it worked so the issue might be there)

ejemplo array.png

The code i use inside the Format Numbers is this one 

float(outputs('PrecioUnitario'))
float(outputs('Importe'))

I appreciate your help 

7 REPLIES 7
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Are you using Append to array variable action? I tried below and it worked fine for me... 

PrasadAthalye_0-1614642100458.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

yes, i used Apend to array variable action, it works with every input except the Format Numbers

mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Looks like your two number values in the array are surrounded by double quotes.  Try removing those so they are not converted to strings.

Pat

Like this?

no comas.png

I ran the flow again with this modification but the same error message appeared

Can you put the formatted number within double quotes.. Refer following... Also, can you just create an array only with 1 element like below and see if it goes through?

PrasadAthalye_0-1614733031939.png

Power Automate Community

Hey, i did what you asked

evidencia prueba.png

but it did not pass

array fallido.png

Btw, this is how i´m declaring the expression of the Number Format inside the array , is it okay? thx

body('PreUnitFormat_2')?['body']

What is the source to PreUnitFormat_2 action?

Can you post the screenshot? I tested all combinations. I used the source as a Float variable and it worked fine.  See below...

PrasadAthalye_2-1615166678106.png

also can you please translate the error into English?

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,742)