cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidalanscott
Frequent Visitor

Convert to PDF fails with space in the title

I have a couple of Flows for this one process. There's a flow that takes results from a Microsoft Form and adds the results to a SharePoint list. Then I have a flow that runs when the new list item is created that turns the information into html, then converts to a PDF. 

This is working fine except in a few cases where the person enters a space in the title field. These are property IDs and they're always 7 characters but I've had 3 now where they've entered the 7 characters but also put a space at the end.

The HTML gets created fine but the pdf always fails.

Is there a way to limit the input on the list to only accept the first 7 characters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
Jay-Encodian
Super User II
Super User II

Hey @davidalanscott 

That does seem odd... adding whitespace into a HTML element shouldn't cause PDF conversion to fail, are you using the OneDrive connector?

Use the following expression to limit a value to 7 characters:

substring(<input>,0,7)

HTH

Jay

I have this in create item quickrefid.JPG , would I just make the expression like this, substring('QuickRefID',0,7) ?

Thanks! I didn't know you could do that in the expression, the get response details

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,512)