cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidalanscott
Frequent Visitor

Convert to PDF fails with space in the title

I have a couple of Flows for this one process. There's a flow that takes results from a Microsoft Form and adds the results to a SharePoint list. Then I have a flow that runs when the new list item is created that turns the information into html, then converts to a PDF. 

This is working fine except in a few cases where the person enters a space in the title field. These are property IDs and they're always 7 characters but I've had 3 now where they've entered the 7 characters but also put a space at the end.

The HTML gets created fine but the pdf always fails.

Is there a way to limit the input on the list to only accept the first 7 characters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @davidalanscott 

That does seem odd... adding whitespace into a HTML element shouldn't cause PDF conversion to fail, are you using the OneDrive connector?

Use the following expression to limit a value to 7 characters:

substring(<input>,0,7)

HTH

Jay

I have this in create item quickrefid.JPG , would I just make the expression like this, substring('QuickRefID',0,7) ?

@davidalanscott 

Here you go:

1.gif

HTH

Jay

Thanks! I didn't know you could do that in the expression, the get response details

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,454)