cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brayanrm0097
Frequent Visitor

Convert utcNow to integer

Hi,

I'm trying to update the row of the current day in a excel file, but microsoft flow take the dates in the table as number and I don't know how convert the dd/MM/yyyy to a number, how can I do that?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @brayanrm0097 ,

You could use the following expression to covert utcNow() to the number like the value stored in the Date column.

div(sub(ticks(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')),ticks('1899-12-30')),864000000000)

Then configure this number in Date column as key-value to update the corresponding row.

57.PNG

Please take a try and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jcook
MVP

Hello,

Can you share a picture of your flow,

I am wondering what you mean by flow takes dates as a number.

If you mean you are grabbing the dates from excel and the dates are showing as a long number / integer. You can use the expression: addDays()

For example I always use 2 compose actions.
One for storing the excel number date. And one for doing the conversion. Here is an example

addDays('1899-12-30',int(outputs('Compose')),'MM/dd/yyyy')

Copy my expression exactly. Just change the Outputs(‘Compose’) to your dynamic content.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi, thanks for answer,

I have an excel table with a date column that I want to use for the "Key column" in the excel block, for find the correct row depending of the current day and update the next column.

image.png

I tried this simple line for get the current date, but can't use it for the "Key value" because Microsoft flow get date in excel as a number.

image.png

Hi,

Is there an error that you are getting when running the flow?
What format is that column in excel (General,Date,Number)

If possible, I would make the column Fecha a General format, and pass the date as a string by using the expression:
string() infringe of your expression you are using now.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @brayanrm0097 ,

You could use the following expression to covert utcNow() to the number like the value stored in the Date column.

div(sub(ticks(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')),ticks('1899-12-30')),864000000000)

Then configure this number in Date column as key-value to update the corresponding row.

57.PNG

Please take a try and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's exactly what I need, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,750)