We have a flow that sends out a notification each time an item in our document library is modified.
Everything is working fine... I have two date conversions. The Created Date gets converted just fine, but the approved date is always 1 day behind for some reason... anybody know why? I have tried deleting and re-creating it also... still doesn't take.
As you can see the Date Approved is 11/5/2020, this is our Local SharePoint time PST.
Look at the SharePoint screenshot. The "Approved Date" shows 11/5/2020. That is base date. I believe it gets input as UTC, which is why it needs to get converted to PST. It works fine for "Created" date but not "Approved Date".
I'm confused even from the 1st conversion, 9:46PM in UTC-11 is not 1:46PM in UTC-8, and for the second conversion it's even worse as it's date only column, so the flow probably puts there 11/5/2020 UTC and your SP settings put there -8 hours = 11/4 only on the background.
Maybe you could try to store the 'Date Approved' in the correct time zone directly when you're updating that column using the expression:
convertTimeZone(utcNow(),'UTC','Pacific Standard Time')
I think since its a date only column, it automatically assumes its 12:00. Since it's a date you are selecting. If I change it to date & time it automatically assumes 12:00 and then you select that also.