cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheezy
Frequent Visitor

Converting email form attachment from UTC to another time zone

Hi

i have a flow that grabs microsoft form responses, adds to a HTML template by various compose steps then converts to PDf and adds PDF to an email attachment. All works fine.

The PDF email attachment name is formed by name and submission time from the form(see below). This is presented in UTC time when email received. I have tried using 'Convert Time Zone' action to change to my time zone within the flow but keep getting various errors.   This is the email part of the flow:

cheezy_0-1606174856323.png

the step in the flow are:

cheezy_1-1606174952592.png

cheezy_2-1606174976451.png

any advice appreciated thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cheezy
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution to this - ? a bug with these flows.

I had already created my send email flow  with fields populated from form as documented in first post. I then created my 'convert time action' and added to this existing email,  then error occurred.

in desperation I deleted the email flow and recreated adding 'convert time action'  and saved and this saved without error.

I have about another 20 send email flows coming off a switch action and they all behaved the same way - as soon as I deleted and recreated then all good.

thanks for taking a look at this

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@cheezy - What parameter values you are providing to convert timezone? Something like below?

convertTimeZone(utcnow(),'UTC', 'Eastern Standard Time', 'yyMMdd')

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

not using a parameter, using an action

cheezy_0-1606176378940.png

if using a parameter, where in the flow should it be added?

Sorry By Parameter I meant, timezone and date format value. But You are using convert function. What is the error this action is giving? What is the output of this action?

Power Automate Community

hi prasad this is the error - errors out in the send email action  after the convert time zone action 

cheezy_0-1606178320183.png

ok. That seems like issue with the attachment content and not the filename.  Can you please open the action SendEmail and see what is being sent as attachment? It does not seems that a correct file content is being sent ... Can you please attach screen shot of the SendEmail action configuration and then output as well?

Power Automate Community
cheezy
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution to this - ? a bug with these flows.

I had already created my send email flow  with fields populated from form as documented in first post. I then created my 'convert time action' and added to this existing email,  then error occurred.

in desperation I deleted the email flow and recreated adding 'convert time action'  and saved and this saved without error.

I have about another 20 send email flows coming off a switch action and they all behaved the same way - as soon as I deleted and recreated then all good.

thanks for taking a look at this

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,608)