cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoryC
Frequent Visitor

Converting individual Forms Responses to Excel Spreadsheets

Hello,

I'm looking into making a flow that takes a form for purchasing something in our company. I have a few questions about constructing this based on the form I've made. Sometimes our company needs to order multiple things, so I made the form into sections that act as separate things they can order. Thing is, sometimes they don't need to use all the sections, they may need to use just two or five.

The spreadsheet it makes has all of the sections' questions, which can make the spreadsheet hard to read. Is there a way to convert that response to a spreadsheet that only has the questions answered on it and split up by sections?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

@CoryC 

I do not know how long is your form but :

You have this 1st option using Email

rhamza_0-1625599156527.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

Good afternoon @cory 

Are you referring to a form inside Microsoft Forms ? 

CoryC
Frequent Visitor

Yes, sorry for not mentioning that. This is being done with Microsoft Forms.

rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

@CoryC 

There is actually multiple ways to do what you need.

But first, did you look into the feature "add branching" ? ( Basically, when you choose add branching, you can make a user skip an entire list or even end the form right there )

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-branching-logic-in-microsoft-forms-16634fda-eddb-44da...

rhamza_0-1625596423680.png

CoryC
Frequent Visitor

That is actually how I set up the form to make the multiple sections. The thing is, even with branching, the spreadsheet the responses make when they're posted still has all the sections, even the branched off ones, which makes reading the spreadsheet it creates cumbersome and inefficient. I wanted to see if there was a more elegant way to make the spreadsheets from responses that takes into consideration that not all sections are guaranteed to be filled out.

rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

@CoryC 

And what is the end result,

1) You wish to receive an excel spread sheet every time someone complete the form  right ?

2) What do you intend to do with spreadsheet ? ( Creating a task, ordering the product, having approval ? )

3) Do you absolutely need it to be excel or an email could do the job ? 

CoryC
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'd like an individual spreadsheet for every response. Ultimately, they'll just need to be email-able, since I can create flow for what happens after that with no issue, I just need the initial information put in a form that my PO department can read cleanly. It honestly doesn't matter to me if it's in a spreadsheet or just in an email. I just went with spreadsheets since that seemed the most viable for the moment, but they do need to only have information for questions that were actually filled out, which can vary from response to response.

rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

@cory 

I'll get back to you in 20mins.

rhamza
Helper III
Helper III

@CoryC 

I do not know how long is your form but :

You have this 1st option using Email

rhamza_0-1625599156527.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,751)